The Air Force Museum of the German Federal Armed Forces has its home on the former military airfield Berlin Gatow. In 1934 the runway, hangars and barracks were built as an academy for officers, general staff officers and technical officers of Hitler's Luftwaffe. Berlin Gatow was one of four air combat and technical training academies in Nazi-Germany.
The German Federal Armed Forces took over the site on 7 September 1994. The facilities to the south of the airfield are now known as the General Steinhoff Barracks. The hangars, tower and most of the runways have become part of the Air Force Museum.
The gallery can be seen here.